Autodesk, Inc. today announced the release of the new Autodesk 2016 Design Suites that offer more control than ever over all aspects of the design-to-make process through a connected desktop and cloud user experience.
Autodesk design and creation suites provide customers with expanded toolsets, unique interoperability and a consistent user experience.
“Our customers are pushing the boundaries on how products are designed and made, how buildings are built, and how entertainment is created,” said Amar Hanspal, senior vice president at Autodesk. “Autodesk Suites address the entire workflow: from capturing reality and iterating on a design, to physically making that design through 3D printing or other forms of fabrication.”
- AutoCAD 2016, the most advanced AutoCAD yet, that delivers faster, more precise detailed design and documentation with rich visual accuracy.
- Autodesk’s ReCap technology, also included in every suite, continues to bring Reality Computing to a new level of accessibility and affordability across the Suites with the additions of more native laser scan formats, smart measurement tools, advanced annotation and sync capabilities and more.
- Autodesk 3ds Max provides customers with the 3D tools they need to create inspirational experiences no matter what their industry demands.
“The 2016 Suites provide our customers with a full set of software solutions to help them design better products and succeed in a competitive market. Our 2016 range of software comes with deeper integration with cloud services, usability enhancements, flexible subscription options and enhanced collaborative processes that will considerably accelerate the future of how things are built or made. The tighter integration with Autodesk 360 will provide our customers faster rendering, visualization, simulation, and collaboration capabilities through design in the cloud,” said Pradeep Nair, Managing Director, Autodesk India & SAARC.
Sophisticated Tools for Industry-Specific Challenges
Customers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and natural resources & infrastructure industries can look forward to enhanced software capabilities, increasingly powerful cloud services and flexible subscriptions options, in addition to the following enhancements:
- Building Design Suite offers improved software performance and better interoperability for visualization, clash detection and detailing.
- Infrastructure Design Suite features connected workflows between preliminary engineering and the detailed design phases, better collaboration with extended data exchange capabilities, enhanced project organization tools and improved software coordination with consistent user interfaces.
The manufacturing industry offerings provide the most comprehensive technology to design, engineer and fabricate products with new and enhanced capabilities for modeling, simulation and fabrication. The company is debuting new Autodesk AnyCAD interoperability for any third-party design files, and Autodesk 3D Print Studio, based on the Spark open 3D printing platform, which directly integrates additive fabrication into the Suites workflow.
- Product Design Suite: In addition to AnyCAD and 3D Print Studio, 2016 provides enhancements for visualization, electromechanical design, data management, advanced simulation and includes subscription access to the cloud-based Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Factory Design Suite: Numerous enhancements have been added for converting CAD assets from 2D to 3D with improved accuracy and efficiency, and factory customers will experience an improved workflow for integrating point cloud data from laser scans.
Digital artists, film makers and gamers will find Autodesk tools helping to address the entire production process, especially when collaborating with multi-discipline teams spread across multiple locations.
- Entertainment Creation Suite: Major enhancements focus on animation performance, ease of use, content creation, collaborative and connected workflows and ease of use.
2016 Subscriber Benefits
Autodesk continues to innovate and improve its Suites and Desktop Subscription products to tightly integrate with Autodesk 360 cloud services. Subscription customers gain access to additional cloud services such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, simulation, analysis and collaboration tools.
Customers will also experience the new Autodesk Account, a personalized and easy-to-use portal where customers can track and manage all Autodesk products, services, and benefits in one place. Customers will experience a simplified installation, management and upgrade experience, flexible payment terms, and broader access rights across multiple devices.