Imagineer Systems, creators of the Academy Award-winning mocha Planar Tracking technology, announced the availability of mocha Pro 4.1 and mocha Plus 4.1. A free update for existing mocha 4 users, version 4.1 adds a number of new features, including open spline mask export, spline warp export for NUKE, and support for OpenEXR 2.0.
“We are committed to continually improving the mocha experience for our users. We worked closely with customers like Park Road Post, Legend 3D and others to support these new and highly requested features,” states Ross Shain, CMO, Imagineer Systems. “The early feedback on 4.1 has been really positive, especially for ‘planar tracked open splines,’ which has been on the customer wish list for a long time. NUKE users will also really appreciate the new ‘Send to NUKE’ freebie script and enhanced Python support.”
mocha plays a leading role in major Hollywood visual effects and post-production and has recently been used on popular films Gone Girl and Birdman, upcoming films Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, and TV shows such as The Leftovers and House of Cards.
The flagship mocha Pro 4, released in July 2014, featured new, groundbreaking Stereo 3D (S3D) tracking and roto workflows, Python scripting and many new user enhancements. mocha Plus 4, also released in July 2014, is an affordable upgrade to the Adobe After Effects bundled mocha AE CC adding a 3D camera solver, lens correction tools and support for copying and pasting mocha roto masks directly into the Premiere Pro CC timeline.
About mocha Pro 4.1 and mocha Plus 4.1 New Features
- OpenEXR 2.0 multi-part file support: mocha Pro 4 now offers support for reading and writing of OpenEXR 2.0 formats with support for multi-part files. OpenEXR 2.0 is the popular open source high dynamic range file format for feature film visual effects developed by ILM.
- Open Splines: New open spline feature allows user to export planar tracked “open spline” shapes directly to Adobe After Effects Creative Cloud and The Foundry’s NUKE for advanced compositing tasks such as rotoscoping and digital beauty work.
- Spline Warp Export for NUKE: Used in beauty work and reshaping, mocha now supports export of mocha shape layers as a joined spline warp node directly to NUKE.
- 3D Camera Module: Improvements in the 3D Camera Solve Module will help users get more accurate 3D solves, load and save data within the mocha project file.
- OS X Yosemite: All mocha 4.1 products now support Apple’s newest operating system.
- Python Scripting Updates: There are many new additions to the Python scripting API, including the ability to run startup scripts, access to deep project and feature parameters, ability to run mocha with command line arguments and many more.
- “Send to NUKE” Script: A free new script allows NUKE users to send a clip directly to mocha Pro from within the NUKE interface.